We offer an extensive programme of pre-planned group activities. Residents have the choice of participating in some or all of these. In addition, personal individualised interests are catered for.
The following list is illustrative of the activities held during a typical month:
- Cooking Club – Themed cooking eg Lammas Dorset Apple Cake for Lammas Day, Victorian Fruit cake for WI Centenary Year, Madeira Cake for National Sponge Day; Jelly making etc
- Marking of special events – eg Lammas Day, National Book Lovers Day, Easter, VE Day etc
- Manicure & Pamper Mornings
- Knit and Natter sessions
- Visits by the local vicar
- Kibondo (every 2 weeks)
- External entertainers – eg Tickled Pink’s Summer Wonderland, Mike Gee’s Musical Entertainment, Christmas carol singers etc
- Marilyn & Music for Health (once a month)
- Reading mornings – Short Stories and Newspaper articles followed by discussions
- Afternoon Teas and Coffee mornings – eg under the Willows weather permitting or to celebrate special holidays
- Arts & Crafts – eg Sunflower Crafts to Create a Wall Collage, Easter and Christmas decorations and cards; summer hats etc
- Bingo mornings
- Jigsaws and puzzles
- Residents Meetings & One to Ones (once a month)
Residents are able to enjoy a sensory courtyard garden that is accessible from the lounges.
There is also a separate dedicated residents’ garden, with raised beds, for those interested in gardening. The home has an active gardening club.